View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
[Mythic] Brackenspore 
Nerd

Post [Mythic] Brackenspore
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2781/brack ... tegy-guide

--------

Feel free to post guides / videos / logs or your own suggestions if they have something of value to contribute, else keep this topic lightweight. No discussions!

Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:57 pm
Nerd

Post Re: [Mythic] Brackenspore
Sharing thoughts out-loud from watching streams...

- Medium-movement fight. We must always be within reach of a green mushroom
- ALL damage (except one-shot mechanics, Call of Tides and Exploding Fungus) are Nature Damage
- 4 Spore shooters, attacks are 8-yard 95k explosions - Can cause issues while we are stacked
- Fungal Flesh-Eaters MUST be interrupted ALWAYS, 178k raid-wide damage
- Call of Tides (giant waves) can occur during Infesting Spores, pop a defensive or a raid CD if you move away from the green mushroom
- Green Mushroom > Blue Mushroom, always! If they spawn far apart we can not skip a green mushroom

Healers:

- Stagger healing on the green mushroom - assign 1-2 healers only for control? Max and stack 1-3 seconds before Infesting Spores begins
- Raid CD(s) required on top of the green mushroom, damage is heavy

- Top blue mushrooms ASAP and leave them to decay (I assume guilds take blue mushrooms as a bonus resource, since they will probably be too expensive to keep up for long)
- Top up tanks to full before every Necrotic Breath, 62k damage per second and 99% healing reduced
- Tank damage seems large and spikey for both tanks. A paladin will not be able to tank-heal alone

Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:45 am
Nerd

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:02 am
Spammer!!!!

I've figured out some stuff about the healing on this boss.

First of all it does not matter when you top the green healing mushroom. I think method and vodka is misunderstanding this mechanic and I just copied them last raid. After watching Ascendance and seeing them top it immediatly I understood. There is no mechanic that makes the withering (aka decay) of the shroom faster if he's topped. The withering stays the same. It's even possible the shroom helps healing itself, since the mechanic says that it heals ALL units. Topping the shroom immediatly will give you a much easier time.
So we probably just need to figure out where we want some LoH and guardian spirits on the shroom, there are some timings where the AOE dmg and the living shroom happen 30second appart and some where it's only 15seconds apart. Keeping the living shrooms up during infested spores is the biggest prio. The living shroom does about 520k hps.

2nd, you probably only need a minor cd for the AOE dmg when a living shroom will be up for the whole AOE dmg. A living shroom heals for 25976 every second. The aoe dmg is 7185 stacking 10 times.

This means:
Stack1 7185dmg - Negated by the healing
Stack2 14370dmg - Negated by the healing
Stack3 21555dmg - Negated by the healing
Stack4 28740dmg - 2773dmg
Stack5 35925dmg - 9958dmg
Stack6 43110dmg - 17143dmg
Stack7 50295dmg - 24328dmg
Stack8 57480dmg - 31513dmg
Stack9 64665dmg - 38698dmg
Stack10 71850dmg - 45885dmg

This is a total of 170296dmg. Our raidbuffed HP is 270-285k. This probably means we just need a very small CD like a mage CD that increases healing by 10%. The shroom healing will increase by 2597. This means that we do 170296 - (2597 x 7) = 152117. Combining this with rallying cry will probably be really great

It will be much better to save some raidcooldowns, because I'm pretty sure if we get to the 2nd rejuvinating one where we dont use the living, we have no CD's left.

Last edited by Talho on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:35 pm
Spammer!!!!

did some editing, added some stuff.

Some more stuff I noticed is that you ignore livings when there's a rejuv up UNLESS you have no more raid cd's.

Last edited by Talho on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:04 pm
Nerd

I thought that the decay on the shroom is increased / ticks harder and harder when the shroom is initially topped? If we're using CDs like you said then I doubt that'll be an issue anymore.

I'd say about 130k - 150k hps is a fair estimate for tranq, since it heals on average 1m - 1.5m. For added info, I tend to use it at around 7-8 stacks of infesting spores to reduce over-healing as much as possible.

Agreed with the minor CD during infesting and mushrooms - just any small thing will make a major difference, but everything needs to be timed so that the CD finishes when the AOE is about to finish, because that hurts the most. A 5-sec mage CD at the beginning of Infested Spores is 99% wasted. Kevin has also noticed that the mushrooms appear to be effected by Amplify as well, based on observation.

I reckon we should save the larger CDs nlike Tranq and Divine for those no-healing-shroom phases, but like you said, compared with a defensive. Unless we need these CD's at another point, it'll just make mana so much easier on us :)

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:10 pm
Spammer!!!!

Nemesis wrote:
I thought that the decay on the shroom is increased / ticks harder and harder when the shroom is initially topped? If we're using CDs like you said then I doubt that'll be an issue anymore.

I'd say about 130k - 150k hps is a fair estimate for tranq, since it heals on average 1m - 1.5m. For added info, I tend to use it at around 7-8 stacks of infesting spores to reduce over-healing as much as possible.

Agreed with the minor CD during infesting and mushrooms - just any small thing will make a major difference, but everything needs to be timed so that the CD finishes when the AOE is about to finish, because that hurts the most. A 5-sec mage CD at the beginning of Infested Spores is 99% wasted. Kevin has also noticed that the mushrooms appear to be effected by Amplify as well, based on observation.

I reckon we should save the larger CDs nlike Tranq and Divine for those no-healing-shroom phases, but like you said, compared with a defensive. Unless we need these CD's at another point, it'll just make mana so much easier on us :)

look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXRcDSBkjKg . It will be clear then that it does not really increase. I also cannot find anything in the abilities saying that withering increases when it's topped.

Some more stuff I noticed is that you ignore livings when there's a rejuv up UNLESS you have no more raid cd's. (or you can stand in between the 2)

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:24 pm
nubling

Talho wrote:

First of all it does not matter when you top the green healing mushroom. I think method and vodka is misunderstanding this mechanic and I just copied them last raid. After watching Ascendance and seeing them top it immediatly I understood. There is no mechanic that makes the withering (aka decay) of the shroom faster if he's topped. The withering stays the same. It's even possible the shroom helps healing itself, since the mechanic says that it heals ALL units. Topping the shroom immediatly will give you a much easier time.
So we probably just need to figure out where we want some LoH and guardian spirits on the shroom, there are some timings where the AOE dmg and the living shroom happen 30second appart and some where it's only 15seconds apart. Keeping the living shrooms up during infested spores is the biggest prio. The living shroom does about 520k hps.

2nd, you probably only need a minor cd for the AOE dmg when a living shroom will be up for the whole AOE dmg. A living shroom heals for 25976 every second. The aoe dmg is 7185 stacking 10 times.

This means:

This is a total of 170296dmg. Our raidbuffed HP is 270-285k. This probably means we just need a very small CD like a mage CD that increases healing by 10%. The shroom healing will increase by 2597. This means that we do 170296 - (2597 x 7) = 152117. Combining this with rallying cry will probably be really great

It will be much better to save some raidcooldowns, because I'm pretty sure if we get to the 2nd rejuvinating one where we dont use the living, we have no CD's left.

Hunter can feign death
Priest can Fade
Mage can Ginvis (not 100% confirmed)
Rogue can vanish
Done at 5 stacks correctly (use ur ability wait 2 sec for stacks to reset) should lower the healing required. No idea why those abilities seem to reset stacks - probably because it counts you not present while they are applied or something

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:21 pm
Spammer!!!!

Rolnik wrote:
Talho wrote:

This means:

Hunter can feign death
Priest can Fade
Mage can Ginvis (not 100% confirmed)
Rogue can vanish
Done at 5 stacks correctly (use ur ability wait 2 sec for stacks to reset) should lower the healing required. No idea why those abilities seem to reset stacks - probably because it counts you not present while they are applied or something

Do you mean spectral guise for priest ? fade would be weird :p

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:32 pm
nubling

Talho wrote:

Do you mean spectral guise for priest ? fade would be weird :p

Correct :)

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next