[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
9thorder.com - View topic - Zonzie - 487 ilvl Fire mage.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:34 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Zonzie - 487 ilvl Fire mage. 
Post Zonzie - 487 ilvl Fire mage.
HAI!
First of all, i want to say that i'm making this here application form myself, with a the help of a few good application i have seen here and there, to cover most of the question i can think of.

About me (IRL)
Bio -
Okay, so my name is Frederik, but my freinds calls me Felix, i'm 18 y/o, and i live in a small city in Denmark called Gislev, with my mom, dad, sister and two dogs. I'm at the moment just relaxing with something called production school, since i recently graduated from 10'th grade(Danish school system, thats a extra year from your original graduation), and i wanted to take a year to relax, after 11-12 years of school. In my free time i ofc. Play World of Warcraft (if you couldent tell), and alot of other games, like Counter-strike, Battlefield 3, Minecraft etc. (if you want to see the full list i will have a link at the end of my application) I enjoy working on cars, and other stuff that envolves a motor, and i tend to some times take my RC-Car out for a spin in a gravel pit nearby ( yeah i google translated gravel pit). I dont party alot like other teens do, since i like to be 100% in control of myself, i allso dont smoke, so no QQ from me when we raid, about i need to go and grab a smoke. I allso like MLP:FiM

My personality -
When it comes to how i act, to other people, in the beginning i can be quite shy, as any other person, when they talk to people they never talk to before, but when i open up you can pretty much discuss anything with me, i'm allways open for a discussion, and to be honest, i allso like trolling some times, if i feel the person knows i am, else then that, during a raid i tend to focus, and come with suggestions of how we can complete a progression encounter. I allso have a passion with gold, and i tend to gamble if i can get the chance (lol). So i would generally say, that i can get trolling and immature some times, but i try to keep it at a minimum, and be freindly.

Time zone
1+ Gmt (Realm time)

About me (Ingame).
Char name – Zonzie
Class – Mage
Race – Worgen for 1% extra crit
Spec – Fire
Level – 90
Armory link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... e/advanced

Alts -
Zônz - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... z/advanced
Angelshot - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... t/advanced

Pc specs & Connection -
Cpu – Amd Phenomen II x4 Black edition
Grapichs card – Radeon 5850, soon to be changed tho
Ram – 16 GB @ 1600Mhz
Psu – 700 Watt
SSD – 120 GB Agility 2 (for windoes and WoW to get faster loading time and faster when reboot)
HDD – 1TB, 500 Internal and 500 External.

Connection
10/10, tend to stays steady, only had a few Dc's in my time of wow, and i tend to keep a steady MS of 42

Fps in raid
Kinda changes, but it normally stays around 30+ fps while in fight

Raid availability
Every day 17:00 – 02:00

Able to talk on vent -
Yeah, i am, but this here is a tinhg i have to say, that i sound young for my age, so while i have no problem with it, i want to give you guys a heads up ^_^

Current guild -
Guildless

Guild History -
Luce(Cata)
Fusion of Light(Cata)
Inept(Cata & MoP)

Reason(s) for leaving -
Luce - I left Luce back after they killed Heroic: Madness of Deathwing, since they where stacking mage really hard, at the point i left, they had 8 mages in the raiding rooster, so i talked with some of the officers, and i told them i left.

Fusion of Light - After i left Luce i decided to go back to one of my old realms, Azjol-nerub, since i had some freinds playing there, but at the moment i moved i haddent found a guild, but i was looking fora guild that was 8/8 heroic cleared, i joined Fusion of light in hope to clear spine very fast since they was 10man, and i did good damage on tendon, (they where 6/8 heroic at the moment), but we kept only farming 6/8 heroic, so i decided to leave, not only because of stuck at progress but alot of the players where not want to improve their gameplay, and i wanted to get into a guild with a more hardcore look at the game.

Inept - I diddent leave Inept, but i got kicked. We recently merged with EXQ, and alot of polish people join, so we made a channel on mumble only for polish people, we did some joking around and out GM rikah where joking and said "you know what would be fun? To re-name the polish channel to "Contraction Camp", while that was happening we where talking is /g, and one of our raiders said that he love polish people, and i said "Me too, they install cheap kitchens", and i then got guild kicked. Let me just state that i dont have any problems with any sort of races, genders or nationalities :).

Raid Exp - My raid experience is to be honest not alot, i have cleared all Non-MoP raids except AQ, i really only began raiding in Cata around firelands, the end of it, went social for a little time and then i joined Luce and raided a little with them. I have so far cleared 2/8 heroic and 11/16 normal together with Inept.

Playtime on char - So far i got 157 days in total played and 20 days at level 90.

When did you start playing - I started playing back in 2009, and i'm still enjoying it, tho i have had some breaks between now and then.

Playstyle

Are you active in any non-raiding aspects of WoW (pvp, achievements, alts, ect ect)? -
Yeah if i'm home i am, i like to do old content on Openraid, achivment, and help out freinds if they need to do a dungeon for a trinket etc.

What is your your greatest strength as a WoW player? -
Hmm i would say my greatest strength is proberly my ability to learn fights, i'm a fast learner when it comes to fights, atlest i think so.

What is your greatest weakness as a WoW player? What do you do to counteract this? -
Hmm i say my biggest weakness is to dps trash (Yes i'm dr. slack), weakness or weakness, i hate trash, but i guess everyone does, but i try to do it, if it's a raiding weakness, i would say that my biggest weakness is to spot other people "failing" if you can say that, i really dont know what to awnser here.

Professions and why i choose them - I choose Tailoring since it got a nice cloak proc, and allows me to craft gear for myself if i choose to with patterns (new tier BoE). I chose Enchanting since it gives a nice ability for me to disenchant for the raid i'm doing. + it gives ring enchant, and bacially raid professions.

Stat prio - Okay so for Fire, my stat prio is Hit(15%)>Int>Sp>Crit>Haste>Mastery, the reason why i have hit as top is that if i miss a combustion it will be a big dps loss. When it comes to Intellect vs. Crit, i use Simcraft to calculate it, and atm i gem Crit & Int over a pure Int gem, since the fire spec depends on Pyroblast procs, and to back to back then, in order to get a nice high ignite for your Combustion, so atm i choose 2 Crit > 1 Int.

As for Frost, i havet looked at it that much, but i'm currently planning to look into it, to expand my ability if anything changes, atm i dont find Arcane as very viabel, since they withdrew the 3 second pyroblast.

Talents & Glyphs - With the new Talents, it's more easier to become more viabel in a brink of time for next progression boss. At the moment i'm running with the following.
[Presence of Mind] [Scorch][Ice Floes]
[Temporal Shield] [Blazing Speed] [Ice Barrier]
[Ring of Frost] [Ice Ward] [Frostjaw]
[Greater Invisibility] [Cauterize] [Cold Snap]
[Nether Tempest] [Living Bomb] [Frost Bomb]
[Invocation] [Rune of Power] [Incanter's Ward]
(^Fail at trying to make stuff looking nice)

Okay so lets go over it, and why choose it. i will leave exceptions at the end of my application.

First Teir - I chose PoM over Scorch since PoM combined with Alter-Time a extra two instant pyroblasts, it's insanely good as a opener for all fights, since when you engage a fight all your trinkets, enchants etc procs.

Second Teir - In here i choose Tempomerial shield for all fights, mainly because it's a insanely awesome ability for fights like windlord when he does hes blade spin, where you take alot damage, it alows me to say out and reduce the change for bombs to get into melee and reduces my movement = Higher dps.

Third Teir - Here i choose ring of frost, now atm there is not alot of fights where you kinds need to trap adds etc. atlest not for the fights i have done, the only fight i use it on atm is Will of the Emperor since it allows you to use it on Rages, and recude the raid damage.

Forth Teir - Here it's pretty self explaning, pretty much all mages choose Cauterize since it works like a extra life, it's very good for fights where you at some point might end up having to take a bigger hit then your healthpool is, like ultraxion in DS, where firemages where pretty awesome for absorbtion of the Hour of twillight.

Fifth Teir - Here it kinda depends on if the fight got more then one target or not, if it got more then one target then Living bomb is more superior combined with Glyph of Fire Blast, since it spreads it to the other targets = Happy dps meter. For single target fights i use Nether Tempest, since with the glyph it gives that extra tick, for just a little more dps.

Sixth Teir - Here, i most of the times choose Rune of Power, since it dont have a delay, and dosen't give you downtime like the two others, it's just cast, stand, dps.

When it comes to movement in this here talent "system", without scorch, many people dont think you have alot of it, but actually you do, combined witjh RoP, Blink, Inferno blasts etc. you can easily do alot of movement in a shot notice of time, since the only really stand-still-in-order-to-dps ability is Fireball.

Glyphs -

When it comes to glyphs i use the following

[Glyph of Combustion] - This here is kinda insane imo, it's very good for opening dps, and it got a nice long time combined with a long cooldown, so you're able to time it nicely with trinkets, alter time, PoM etc. and yeah, it's awesome.
[Glyph of Fire Blast] - This here is kinda a must, it spreads Living bomb, and it does that extra tick for Nether Tempest. So indeed a dps increase.
[Glyph of Evocation] - Here i'm thinking of going with blink since with RoP i cant really use it as far as i know (please comment if i'm wrong), but when i use it with Incanter's Ward, it's really nice for getting that extra mana and hp.

My minor glyph are pretty minor so yeah. I dont find a reason to expalin them.

Now my exceptions are the following:

MSV -
Stoneguard - None
Feng - Normal Nether tempest instad of LB / Heroic - None
Spiritbinder - Nether tempest instad of LB / Heroic - Depends if i'm going down, if so i use LB if not, then NT
Spirit kings - None
Elagon - None
Will of the emperor - Thinking of trying with scorch instad of PoM, No Glyph of Combustion.

Hear of Fear -
Imperial Vizier Zor'lok - None, but thinking of useing NT instead of LB
Blade Lord Ta'yak - None, but thinking of useing NT instad of LB
Garalon - Incanter's Ward instad of PoM since there is alot of movement.
Wind Lord Mel'jarak - None
Amber-Shaper Un'sok - None
Grand Empress Shek'zeer - None

Spell prio(Aka rotation) & Opener -

Okay so my spell prio is the following -
Inferno blast (If heating up)
Living bomb (Since it got that 10% extra damage buff if on target)
Pyroblast (Proc)
Fireball.

Opener -
When i open a fights, i start off by useing my PoM and standing in it, then i use a macro that uses a pot and a On-use trinket if i have one, then i hardcast pyroblast, then Living bomb, and then Mirror images, then i keep casting till i get a pyroblast proc, then i use PoM, and use alter time, that will grain be a total of 4 instant pyroblasts, and after that i use my combustion since i useally have a really nice and high ignite at that point.

My rotation is Fireball spam, refresh LB when it fades, and using Inferno blast if there is adds (Only if i'm useing LB) or if i got heating up and then pyroblast, tho i change target if there is more then one target up to gain from the problast proc.

How i improve I improve with Elitie Jerks, Noxxic, Simcraft, Raidbots.com, World of logs, Mmo-champion, and i tend to talk to people from top 5 world guilds, like Ataxus, i talk to some times on steam about how i can improve even more if he have time for it.

Raidbots -
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/frostmane/Zonzie - Should have a 95+ on normal Spirit kings, i got here the other day, up soon. The recent Elagon my cat trolled me and pulled my DSL cable to my router mid-fight.

Screenshot of my UI - http://i.imgur.com/Z92nf.jpg you should be able to see my keybinds etc. i'm still working on my ui and it might seem messy, but i made it myself and i like it :)

About us

Why i want to join -
I want to join Ninth order since i'm looking for a guild more aimed to progress, a guild that got nice players, and are more hardcore, that give a f about something about killing bosses. I have never ever met a single person from Ninth order that was rude or a asshole, and thats impressive, brings a good sign of a good guild leader and good officers, knowing to do their job and do it right.

What i want when joining -
Really only a steady raidteam, and alot of raiding, shit 'n' giggels and getting to know some awesome people. I'm not really that demanding of my needs as long as i get the have fun fun fun :D

Why you should take me in -
I'm not that really good at selling myself but i will try. Because i'm a guy who does pretty much everything to improve, a guy who dont complain a guy who know hes stuff and does hes best each raid, a guy who comes to a raid and even enjoy a night of wipes, as long as it's with good people. I can easily sit trough a long raid on the same boss, wipe after wipe, and keep improveing, and learn each second in fight. I talk up if i got something in mind for a way to smooth out boss kill etc.

You know anyone in Ninth order? -
Yeah a matter of fact i do, i know Vimtu, i have dones some business with him (Tcg) helped him, dont a BWD run with him (Fimtu XD) etc. hes a really cool guy.

How did you find out about Ninth order - Wowprogress, Realm forum, and ofc. Vimtu.

My games http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zonzie/

That's all I can think of, I hope that I will be accepted and be able to raid with you guys. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Sorry for any grammer errors if there is any. I know my current progress for MSV etc. is not anywhere near the guilds but i personally think i can play at Ninths orders currently level with no problem

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:22 am

Post Re: Zonzie - 487 ilvl Fire mage.
It logged me out :s.

If you want to conact me, add me on

Real-ID: Zonz#2983

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 am
Old Schooler

Apart from the unnecessary part about talents and glyphs everything else resembles our application template. Saying unnecessary because with new, reduced talent system you change them accordingly to specific fight. What you wrote there is good for attacking training dummy when you're bored but specific fights need specific talents.

PoM over Scorch - wont work on Kings HC since CD on PoM is long and fight mechanic is going to make you move more often.

Cauterize - is probably every mages 1st choice but Will HC might require you to use greater invisibility for loose sparks.

Rune of Power - Great for fights with little movement and constant incoming damage like Will HC (believe it or not its one of top "Healing Recieved" spells there). Again for fights when u have lot of movement and RNG - you'll find yourself spending more time recasting your rune, or trying to get back on top of previous one than actually dpsing. So evocating for 5 sec each 40 sec might be better idea.

Again rest of the app seems quite allright - you seem like a mage who thinks about what hes doing a lot. Rest is up to officers and I wish you good luck with your app.

Oloraonoa, 474 Firemage

Last edited by Oloraonoa on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 am
Spammer!!!!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 am

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 am
Nerd

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31 am
Legend
Legend

Very nice application, it's rare to see applications like these that actually have some effort put in
Unfortunately seeing as we just recruited another mage, for us adding another mage to the roster said mage has to be extremely exceptional. We simply do not have a spot for an additional mage

I might contact you if a spot opens up

Declined

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:56 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]